Monday, September 24, 2007

SUNY New Paltz Student Help Desk

It's not too often that anybody gets good press (yes, I've heard that there's no such thing as bad press), so I thought that I would use my own little news network to give some good press to an office that I think deserves it.

At school today, I ran into a problem with my computer not booting up. I like to think of myself as pretty savvy when it comes to my computer, but this was a problem that I couldn't handle. Basically, the problem was that a minor, yet absolutely necessary boot file went MIA, and Windows couldn't load. Instead, it simply attempted to load, restarted, attempted to load, restarted... I went to the help desk and not only did they fix the problem, but immediately and for free. The people there appeared to be students, were friendly, and knew their stuff. Bravo.

This is in stark contrast to what I experienced at Plattsburgh, but I'd rather not go into that because right now I'm in a relatively good mood and it was 3 or 4 years ago now. So, many thanks to the SUNY New Paltz Student Help Desk. Huzzah!

No comments: