Thursday, September 13, 2007

the Little Penguin Cabernet Sauvignon



I've decided to make a new tab tonight: Wine. My good friend Katlyn suggested I do a wine journal, and she let me borrow her's as a reference. Although I haven't read what she's written in that journal yet, she basically told me to smell, drink, and simply write whatever it is that comes to my mind about it. Feel free to make any suggestions!

This edition's tasting is the Little Penguin Cabernet Sauvignon, Vintage 2005, from South Eastern Australia.

My first impression was that it was very sweet. Not as strong of flavor at first as most cabs that I like, but after you get over the sweetness the flavor does come through. I like this one. The smell isn't anything distinct...keep in mind that I'm a relative beginner as a wine drinker so I don't really know what I'm talking about. After a few sips, I definatly give the thumbs up...it's still no Tall Horse, but I'll talk about Tall Horse after I can find another bottle and give a better review.

No comments: