Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rob Kahn's Seminar at HVJJ

Today was the Rob Kahn seminar. Rob is a black belt under Royce Gracie, and owns Tampa Gracie Jiu Jitsu in...Tampa.

Anyway, he was up to corner Brian for his 32 second fight on Friday, and he stuck around until this afternoon to do the seminar, and give me a private lesson. I just wanted to say that Rob's personality and teaching are great. I felt very comfortable with him, he looked me in the eye when he spoke and I learned a lot. In fact, there was only 1 physical move that I hadn't seen before from Brian, but he introduced me to a new way of thinking about and gameplanning with regard to jiu jitsu that is going to help me out big time. I can't wait until I get these damed staples out of my head so I can hit the mat hard and start working again.

That was just the private lesson. While doing the general seminar, for which there was a great turnout, I did learn a bunch of new stuff that I'm looking forward to trying. I could go into each one in detail, but I really want to move on to the next subject.

As everyone suspected, or at least was hoping for, Brian was promoted to Brown Belt! This was a long awaited and very well deserved promotion. Although I haven't been training with Brian with the intensity that I am now, I know the kind of dedication he has to the sport. I am increadibly happy for him. Everyone was increadibly happy for him; there were many shaking hands and hugs going around the room in his honor. Brian was obviously happy beyond happy; he looked on the verge of tears. Congratulations man, I'm happy I was there.

There were several other promotions as well: Jamie, and Karl both got stripes, and Brian got his purple belt. Congrats big time to you guys too, and I'm positive I'm forgetting someone here, and I apologize. My head is rocking from my f$%^&*ing cut, and I'm having a hard time reading the more I do it...therefore, this post ends about now.

The only other thing I want to say is that I don't have pictures, but pictures were taken. I'll be putting them up as soon as I get my hands on them. Be safe out there...

No comments: