Thursday, September 6, 2007

iPod Touch


Well, this actually came out a lot sooner than I thought it would! I was hoping for a camera on it, but oh well. I do have a very nice camera that, even if the Touch did have one, would be by far superior. Otherwise, this looks exactly like what I was looking for.

The only problem that I have with it is the same #1 problem that I had with the iPhone. Although the Touch has a much greater capacity (16GB) than the iPhone (8GB) it is still not enough. I have a Nano right now, and it is only 4 GB. There is a lot more that I want to put on it, but I simply don't have the room. If you're big into audio books (I am), this presents a larger problem for you than most. Why, oh why, are these things not being made with the same capacity of the Classic iPods which are now being offered at a whopping 160GB?

If I'm going to spend several hundred dollars on a completely frivolous toy, then I want it to be exactly what I want. The iPod Touch is very close. When they start offering 60, 80, 160 GB Touches at the same price they're currently offering the 16GB, I'll buy one. Not yet.

BTW, I don't mind if you have to make the unit a little thicker to give a greater capacity.

No comments: