Monday, August 27, 2007

Bluetooth Phones

I just had an idea...as you may or may not know, Palm Pilots have the ability to transfer information from one unit to another compatible unit via bluetooth. As I observed, the most common use for this was to transfer one's own contact information back and forth...sort of like an e-business card for those who used their Palm's frequently. Neat, no?

Most phones nowadays are bluetooth enabled. Why don't cell phones do this? Especially for Nextel users, this would be awesome (the reason I single out Nextel users is because of the walkie-talkie ID. Do you know yours?). It would be infinitely easier to do than the current system, which consists of manually entering in (multiple) phone numbers and using a horribly inefficient data entry system to attach a name to those numbers.

It would also be nice if phone manufacturers would collaborate to make this function universal, but, heh, I won't hold my breath.

No comments: