Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Retirement of Brian Leetch's # 2

Every year, my Mom gets a big present for the three of us (her, Cliff, and myself) to do all together. Those are honestly my favorite kinds of gifts. They're the most thoughtful, and they're the kind of gifts that I really like to give. Cliff and I agreed to pass each other off this Christmas until we could mutually figure out a gift for each other that would be categorized as such, but I only mention that to emphasize how much I think these are the best gifts that can be given.

So, this year, Mom certainly didn't disappoint. The Rangers are retiring Brian Leetch's number on January 24th, and we're going! The tickets for the game have been sold out, but there is a viewing party that is going to be taking place in a theatre that is actually at the Garden. The awesome part about this, is that the viewing party sounds even better than simply going to the game. She sent us an email about it yesterday that said there would be guest appearances by not only Brian Leetch himself, but Adam Graves, Rod Gilbert, and Mike Richter! Holy Crap! I am super pumped for this, and I wanted to share my enthusiasm and make jealous all the Ranger fans who might read this blog. Actually the only Ranger fans might read this are Mom and Cliff, but hey, whatever.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this. I've been doing a lot of looking forward to things that are going to happen after I'm done dieting as a way to help me get through this cut. It's been pretty brutal. Anyway, this is one of those things.

I also wanted to readdress the fact that I'm no longer a Devil's fan. I was asked the other day and I wanted to publish my explanation one more time. When I was younger, hockey was everything (kinda like fighting is for me now, heh). Everyone around me was a Ranger fan, and I really wanted to be different. So I started rooting for Montreal and New Jersey. After everything with Patrick Roy happened in Montreal, I decided to just stick with New Jersey. Recently, when the Devils decided to move further away to Newark, I asked myself why the hell was I rooting for a New Jersey team over my own team? Screw that! I am a full fledged Ranger fan, and I'm not looking back. I've gone back to my roots, so to speak. So there you have it. LET'S GO RANGERS!

No comments: