Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No More Potatoes

OK, I don't know if potatoes are what does it, but I went running today for the second time since I stopped cutting weight. Cliff and I went to the gym, and I got about 10 minutes in and my ankles and shins hurt so bad that I had to stop...actually, not only did I have to stop running, but I couldn't even walk for a minute. Bad stuff. I did 10-15 minutes on the elliptical after that, but I couldn't really get a good workout. Sunday and yesterday I had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then Bugaboo Creek; both dinners had a heaping serving of mashed potatoes. I'm going to cut out potatoes for the next few days and see how it effects my running; if my joints feel fine after a week with no potatoes, then I know the culprit! I've heard potatoes are bad for such things in the past, but I've never had any evidence of it. This may be it...

Be safe out there...

No comments: