Monday, April 16, 2007

Only the Devils

How do you go from finishing in second place in the league to going down 2-1 in the first round of the playoffs?

Well, first you fire your coach for not preparing you for the playoffs...I guess the rest is yet to see. Thoroughly disappointing.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/

I suppose here would be a good place and time clarify...I think the reason that I root for the Devils is this: Everyone around me when I was younger was a Ranger fan. This was escalated when the Rangers won the Cup, but by then I was already a Devils fan. I have no connection to New Jersey whatsoever; in fact, I hate the state. I think it was just my youthful pain-in-the-assness that made me want to root for a different team than everyone else did. If that's not the reason, then I don't know what it is. There you have it.

Now they need to STOP SUCKING. Especially Brodeur. How do you give up two shit angle goals like that, two games in a row? Those were your mistakes. Your defensemen played those plays as well as anyone could have asked them to. Those goals can not go in even if you're just trying to get by a bottom seeded team in the first round of the playoffs. If you get tooled by Tampa Bay...I suppose I'll shut up here and wait for game IV.

"...there's no margin for error right now." ~ Ken Danyko

No comments: