Thursday, March 13, 2008

Speaking on the Phone

I remember when I first started at The Realty Stop, my commercial broker mentor stressed a lot of phone etiquette to me. One of them was the fact that one should speak up, plenty loud enough for the person on the other end hear.

The reason for this short blog post is to bitch a little bit that other people don't do it. I'm talking about the people who's job it is to be on the phone, here. I was just on the phone with someone at HVFCU, and that wasn't too bad. Now I'm on the phone with people from Progressive, and it's starting to piss me off. The people at Sprint had a hard time with this too.

Speak up, people, I don't like straining to hear what you're trying to tell me. My bills pay your salary, so the least you could do is use your voice enthusiastically enough for me to not have to say "What?" thirty times a conversation.

Thanks.

No comments: