Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Car Is Officially For Sale

Yes, the sad, sad truth is that I am indeed selling my car. I was originally only considering this because I will be unable to drive while I am in basic training with the Air Force, and then only on very limited terms while I'm in technical school. By the time I'll be able to drive like a normal person again, the 2009 S5's will be available, and that's what I really want. This being the case, there's no real reason for me to make payments on the car after May, since I won't be getting any more use out of it after then.

I temporarily changed my mind yesterday, when I realized that the car would be little or no less valuable a year from now, especially if there were no more miles on it. When the time came that the S5's were available I could sell it then, or, if I changed my mind about buying an S5, I would still have a car I love and not much left to pay on it (relative to a new car, that is).

However, more convincing reasons to sell have surfaced. I contacted Audi Financial Services to see what kind of insurance they'd need to have on the car while it was unregistered and in storage (because there's still a lien on the car, it makes sense that they'd still want at least some kind of insurance on the thing). It was then that I was informed that the car would still require full coverage for me to remain in good standing with the loan. That, my friends, is way too much money to spend on a car that I won't be using. The payments on the car are not too bad, but the insurance is too high as it is. It would be irresponsible for me to spend the money that I would have to to keep that car. Thus, I am very sad.

All this being said, if you or anyone you know might be interested in my car, here are the stats:

It is a 2004 Audi A4 with a 1.8 liter engine and a turbo. It has Quattro (all wheel drive), dual zone climate control, 6 speed transmission, Cassette & 6 CD changer, iPod adapter, more air bags than I can count, alloy wheels, and less than 65,000 miles on it. It also has a warranty and scheduled maintenance pre-paid through 85,000 miles (this includes all the belts, oil & tranny fluid changes).

Kelly Blue Book Value: $15,290
Nada Guides Value: $17,975
Edmunds Value: $15,317


Le sigh. I don't want to sell it, but I have to. I can get all the service records too, as all the work has been done by the Audi dealership in Danbury. Anyone reading this can feel free to email me at Sean@Janicik.com or call me at 845-849-8071.

Be safe out there...

No comments: