Friday, June 29, 2007

The Vundo

So my computer got hit with the VUNDO virus recently. It basically made my work week pathetic...I couldnt do anything. I was able to keep up on The Janicik Report by using Carol's computer, but using a mac for someone who was born on a PC is very irritating...



So, $250 (hard drive replacement; Vundo burnt out what was left of the 2 year old hard drive that was in there) and hours of redownloading to do, my computer should be good as new. It is running a lot better even though I opted out of increasing my memory by 200% after learning the cost of just getting it running again. I was considering buying a new one, but with Carol's car needing to be replaced I'm not too eager to spend much money lately.



Regarding Carol's car, I'm actually pretty happy that we're getting her what she wants - a new Beetle. After driving around in an A4, I've been feeling a little guilty about having her drive around in a '98 with 180k miles on it. I'm not implying that her car was in disrepair (other than a non-functional A/C system), but she deserves better. We hope to get her brand new Beetle on Monday.

Anyhow, be on the watchout for this Virus! I picked it up off of one of my favorite websites: Collegehumor.com (I will NOT link to this site because that's where I got the virus). I haven't been back since. I'm sure I'll work up the gumption to go back to the site that has given me so many laughs in the past, but not for a while.

No comments: