Sunday, September 7, 2008

What now?

Well, I remember complaining when they gave Keith Jardine a fight against Chuck. I understand that it was right after he lost to Rampage, and lost the title, but I didn't think that Jardine had anything on his resume that gave him a shot at the guy who just had the belt. Then Chuck lost, and got dropped in the process. Then when I heard that they were giving Evans a shot at Chuck, I had the same reaction.

Then, last night happened. Embarrassing, to say the least. So the question is: What does Chuck do now? He's in a worse position than Rich Franklin (the guy who seems to own the Middleweight division, but has nothing for Anderson Silva). Are we looking at the retirement of Chuck Liddell? Are the flaws in his style now something that a top level fighter can't afford to have? Will he ever protect his frickin chin?

Nate Marquardt looked good last night. I was hoping to see a slick sub from him, but he demonstrated his bad assness by beating up a kickboxing champ. I like him, I want to see him get another crack at Silva.

Anyway, the card last night wasn't too bad. I'm upset that they didn't air the Fight of the Night, but oh well. I can't complain because I didn't pay for the card. I will say, however, that I much prefer watching fights with people who know a little bit about what they're watching. Watching at a bar amongst people who just want to see someone get hurt isn't as fun. Plus I just miss my friends. Oh well.

No comments: